CES Welding and Machining Operations group has tooling design engineering and fabrication capabilities currently comprised of a full-time staff that includes Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Fix-It-Now “FIN” Engineers, and Machine Designers. Their broad-based set of knowledge and skills enables CES to produce sound, cost effective solutions to conventional machining and welding projects as well as address those that require a unique, technology driven response.
CES has developed measurement and delivery systems including (multi-axis) manipulators, feed tables, tracks, masts and bridges to deploy welding, cutting, machining, vision and NDE technologies. Design of equipment control systems range from simple manual electric, hydraulic or pneumatic to sophisticated automated computerized numeric controls, joined with PC-based real time data acquisition and feedback systems.
The characteristics of the CES Engineering Group that distinguish us from our competitors are superior problem solving skills and the ability to design and manufacture tooling on an expedited schedule.
Specific areas of tool and system design expertise include:
- Custom Welding Systems
- Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)
- Metal Disintegration Machining (MDM)
- Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC)
- Abrasive Water Jet Cutting (AWJC)
- Remote Controlled Welding, Cutting, and NDE Equipment
- Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) Machine Tools
- Metallurgical Sample Collection Tooling and Systems
- Video Inspection and Process Monitoring Systems
All design and development work is done in house, utilizing state of the art design software. The following programs are utilized:
- AutoDesk Inventor for three dimensional design applications and solids modeling
- AutoCAD for two dimensional mechanical design applications
- OrCAD for electronic design applications
- Algor for Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- MathCAD for engineering calculations and analyses
- Visual Basic for control programming
- Underwater Hyperbaric Welding Equipment
- Pressurizer Structural Weld Overlay Equipment
- Spent Fuel Dry Canister Welding Equipment
- Reactor Vessel Head Penetration Repair Tooling
- Metallurgical Sample Extraction Tooling
- Upflow and Upper Head Temperature Reduction (UHTR) Modification Tooling
- Reactor Vessel Internals Decommissioning Tooling and Equipment
For more information regarding Special Tooling Design please contact us.